Thursday, 12 May 2016

Stuff in the sewing room

B6055- the flowery one pictured left,
with another dress I'm still altering.
Recently, I finished altering a dress that I had started ages ago from a reprint 1950's pattern (Butterick 6055, the red floral print dress pictured on the left in the photo). It turned out really awful-looking the first time I made it up, (and I think I accidentally cut the wrong size) so I had to take it in by a lot. Maybe I'll actually have the opportunity to wear it now that the weather's nice!

 I've also started taking a pattern drafting course at a school nearby (which is going really well!). We've been drafting jacket blocks, and the course has helped me improve my fitting techniques a lot!


On the historical side, I've been working on the red chemise gown since I last posted about it in February. I've completed the body of the dress. I'm still in the mock-up stage of the sleeves because they're giving me a hard time, but that's most of what I have left! I'll also try to post more about the construction and how it went when I'm done, but I'm very pleased with it so far!

The front, showing the under-bodice beneath.
The back- I am very proud of all those pleats!

No comments:

Post a Comment